IPhone Battery Explodes In Man’s Face After He Bit Into It

A Chinese man who wanted to check the authenticity of an iPhone battery bit into it. The flames and explosion caused by this dubious experiment were immortalized by the store’s CCTV cameras.

The authenticity of a smartphone battery can not be verified like that of a gold coin. The customer of a mobile phone store in China paid very highly to learn this rather trivial lesson.

By biting into an iPhone battery to verify that it was not a counterfeit this Friday, the man simply caused an explosion.

This phenomenon, which may seem unbelievable, is in fact normal: the iPhone batteries are made of lithium, a substance likely to explode in contact with oxygen. By piercing the protective envelope of the battery with its teeth, the suspicious customer caused a sparks and an explosion.

The video of the incident, filmed by the store’s surveillance cameras, has already been viewed more than 4 million times. Neither the man, whose mouth was a few inches from the object, nor other customers of the store were injured.

Must Read:  This Google algorithm can predict cardiovascular diseases by scanning people's eyes
Eid Lee

Eid is a freelance journalist from California. He covers different topics for The Talking Democrat but focuses mostly on technology and science.